And reap the following benefits!
- Natural Health and Vegetarian Life magazine mailed direct to you each quarter
- Great discounts on books and health products
- Help in improving your health and wellbeing
- Being part of the Natural Health family
The Natural Way To Better Birth and Bonding
An extremely thorough and detailed ‘manual’ on childbirth and bonding, based on using natural methods wherever possible, and covering almost every concern and problem that could arise.
Healing The Gerson Way - Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Conditions
An amazing book - virtually a manual for natural health living.
The Natural Way To A Better Pregnancy
An extremely thorough and detailed ‘manual’ on pregnancy, based on using natural methods wherever possible, and covering almost every concern and problem that could arise.
Reboundoz Health Bounce: Package 1
The Reboundoz is a good quality Rebounder, with Package One comprising the Half-fold Rebounder, Carry Bag and Power Pack DVD.
The Gerson Therapy - Full DVD Set
Great savings on the price of the full set of The Gerson Therapy DVDs - includes Volumes 1, 2 and 3.
Fix Your Phobia in 90 Minutes
The Natural Way To Better Breastfeeding
An extremely thorough and detailed ‘manual’ on breastfeeding, based on using natural methods wherever possible, and covering almost every concern and problem that could arise.
Help for Depression and Anxiety
Diabetes sufferers need a diet which has an appropriate protein level, is low in fat (but high in essential fatty acids) and high in unrefined carbohydrates. Specifically:
- A moderate intake (3 - 4 pieces a day) of whole fruit (not juice). Acid and sub-acid fruits, such as citrus fruits, berries, stone fruits and cherries, are best because they release their sugar into the bloodstream more slowly than sweet fruits such as mangoes, melons and dried fruits.
- A large raw salad daily. The more food that is eaten raw the better!
- Dark green leafy vegetables.
- Whole grains - for example, brown rice, rolled oats, pearled barley, cracked wheat.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly-ground flax seeds or a handful of walnuts or pepitas each day for omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- Legumes - eat around a cup a day of cooked legumes.
Other important measures are:
- Minimising or avoiding metabolic toxins such as caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
- Undertaking moderate exercise - both aerobic and strength training. Good aerobic exercises are walking and swimming.
(From ‘An Avoidable Epidemic: Type-2 Diabetes’ by Robyn Chuter, BHSc, ND, GradDipCouns, published in Natural Health & Vegetarian Life, Summer 07/08.)
As part of our 50th anniversary celebrations in 2010, the Natural Health Society (NHS) is inviting our members to join the NHS Committee in festivities at the 2010 National Folk Festival (NFF) next Easter.
Stretch test for health
A simple sit-and-reach test could become a quick measure of your risk for early mortality from heart attack or stroke.
Findings support acupuncture
After 3,000 years of mystery, the secrets of acupuncture have been unlocked by Curtin University of Technology researchers.