And reap the following benefits!
- Natural Health and Vegetarian Life magazine mailed direct to you each quarter
- Great discounts on books and health products
- Help in improving your health and wellbeing
- Being part of the Natural Health family
The Natural Way To Better Birth and Bonding
An extremely thorough and detailed ‘manual’ on childbirth and bonding, based on using natural methods wherever possible, and covering almost every concern and problem that could arise.
The Natural Way To Better Breastfeeding
An extremely thorough and detailed ‘manual’ on breastfeeding, based on using natural methods wherever possible, and covering almost every concern and problem that could arise.
Reboundoz Health Bounce: Package 1
The Reboundoz is a good quality Rebounder, with Package One comprising the Half-fold Rebounder, Carry Bag and Power Pack DVD.
Help for Depression and Anxiety
The Gerson Therapy - Full DVD Set
Great savings on the price of the full set of The Gerson Therapy DVDs - includes Volumes 1, 2 and 3.
The Natural Way To A Better Pregnancy
An extremely thorough and detailed ‘manual’ on pregnancy, based on using natural methods wherever possible, and covering almost every concern and problem that could arise.
Healing The Gerson Way - Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Conditions
An amazing book - virtually a manual for natural health living.
Fix Your Phobia in 90 Minutes
- Tension insomnia as in the case of executives constantly worrying about their businesses. In general, the mental stresses include anxiety, depression, paranoia and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- If the mind is churning like a can of worms, sleep will be elusive.
- Fatigue insomnia occurs in people who become so tired during the day that they fall asleep after dinner, but can’t sleep at bedtime.
- Lack of activity. Exercise tires us physically and primes us for sleep.
- Going to bed on a full stomach. This stimulates the circulation, causing wakefulness.
- Eating a lot of sugar-rich foods with or after the evening meal.
- Exposure to bright light before you go to bed, including watching a TV screen.
- If too hot or too cold in bed.
- Caffeine stimulates the nervous system, making sleep extremely difficult.
- Smoking — nicotine is a stimulant.
- Alcohol. While a few drinks can send us off alright, the sleep will be poor quality — we will be restless and will toss and turn. Deep sleep is disturbed and the important dreaming stage often fails to occur. The regular dependence on alcohol can easily lead to alcoholism.
- Sleeping pills can cause insomnia! When the body develops a tolerance to the drug, the dose will need to be increased to obtain the same effect – but the dose has its limits.
- Geopathic stress (distorted energy radiating from the Earth) can cause us to wake in the morning feeling as tired as if we haven’t slept.
- Jet lag is a well-known cause of insomnia.
- Discomfort insomnia due to the pain of arthritis, ulcers, indigestion or other health problems.
- Consistent sleeping habits.
- Darken your bedroom as much as possible.
- Don’t take naps.
- Go to bed as early as possible.
- Beware of coffee, cola drinks, nicotine and alcohol.
- Don’t drink fluids within a couple of hours of retiring.
- Avoid snacking just before bedtime.
- Postpone worrying.
- Exercise regularly.
- If overweight, lose weight.
- Count sheep.
- Have pleasant thoughts or fantasies
- Use a Relaxation Technique.
- If still awake after 30 minutes get up and do something.
- Take a tepid bath. Sleep tends to occur when your temperature falls, so a warm, not hot, bath may do the trick. As you cool down afterwards, you are likely to feel sleepy.
- Try herbal sporifics (generally contain one or more of valerian, passionflower, skullcap, gentian and hops
- Develop sound nutrition –see Natural Health Dietary Guidelines.
- Keep a sense of humour.
For more detailed information on insomnia and techniques for sleeping read the full article Having Trouble Sleeping?